Friday, April 20, 2012

Bean Recipe

 Here is a picture of the almost finished product.
 I added these sauteed veggies and sausage to my cooked beans and voila a meal was made.

Toal cost: $9.56 / this made 3 meals for my son and I

Recipe:
I will give you all the quick cook method of making beans so you don't have to soak them over night.

Rinse one bag of pink beans and add to a large pot of luke warm water. Place on high and boil beans for 30 minutes being sure to stir occasionally so that the beans do not stick to the bottom of the pot.  After 30 minutes turn the heat off and cover the pot with a lid that has a snug fit and let them sit for 1 hour.

After an hour stir the beans and place them back on the heat at medium and let them cook for another hour stirring so that the beans do not stick.  In the mean time begin to saute your veggies and meat (or no meat if you choose) in 2 table spoons of olive oil.  Saute until tender and then add 1 can of tomato paste (tomato paste tastes better when cooked) and add the veggies and meat to beans when the beans are done.  Continue to cook stirring frequently until all flavors are incorporated.  I ususally serve this over rice (I reccomend brown rice) but they can also be served solo with tortillas or salad greens as a base. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: